Carol Barnum brings her academic background and years of teaching and research to her work with clients to deliver the best research approaches that have proven to produce practical solutions. Carol’s many publications (6 books and more than 50 articles) have made a substantial contribution to the body of knowledge in the UX field.
Carol has received top honors, awards, and recognition for her work in many ways. The Society for Technical Communication has awarded her the designation of Fellow and the distinction of the Rainey Award for Research and the Gould Award for Excellence in Teaching. IEEE Professional Communication Society has honored her with the 2013 Blicq Award for Distinction in Technical Communication Education. Also in 2013, Carol was named one of the Top 20 Women Professors in Georgia.
Carol’s background, experience, and accomplishments include:
- Director and Co-Founder, The Usability Center @ Southern Polytechnic, working with clients on a host of projects and platforms for two decades
- Professor Emeritus and Director of Graduate Programs in Information Design and Communication, Southern Polytechnic, creating and teaching graduate courses in usability testing, information design, marketing communication, and global communication strategies
- Trainer in UX methods and technical and professional communication, customizing content to match client needs and products, with delivery in live and e-learning formats
- UX Pioneer—showcased in a website devoted to the UX movers and shakers in the profession
- Award-winning author and speaker—with invitations to keynote at conferences and seminars world-wide
- Among her many top-speaker designations, Carol was selected as the best presenter at the First European Usability Professionals Association Conference in London, receiving the Presentation Prize
- See Carol’s slides from a recent presentation on Slideshare
- Contributor—“Ask UXmatters,” regular column providing expertise in response to readers’ questions in UX Matters
- Editorial reviewer—Journal of Usability Studies, UXPA
- Named one of “28 Best UX Researchers You Should Follow”
- Named one of “30 women rocking in UX to Celebrate International Women’s Day”
Reach Carol by phone: 404.881.8136 or 404.680.0329 (cell)
Reach Carol by email: firstname.lastname@example.org